ACADEMIC SESSION 2017-2018
NEWSLETTER : CLASS-III JULY-AUGUST 2017
“Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” Albert Einstein
A very warm welcome to all our endearing students after a refreshing summer break. We are looking forward to share their exciting holiday adventures.
Let’s first update you with the activities of April and May.
The month of April saw them getting acquainted with their new subject teachers, new friends and new curriculum. They settled down very fast and actively took part in all the school activities.
The highlight of the month of May was the ‘Talent Week’ which was held from 05th May 2017 to 12th May 2017. Amazing performances put up by the students of class III mesmerised the teachers and the audience.
- Some Glimpses of the Talent Week
They say, “Talent is the multiplier. The more energy and attention you invest in it, the greater the yield.”
ACTIVITIES PLANNED FOR THE MONTHS OF JULY AND AUGUST
The coming months are equally loaded with activities to make learning fun and enjoyable. It is imperative that the students participate wholeheartedly in the school activities.
- Maths Week- 17th July 2017 to 21st July 2017
- Social Science Week- 04th August 2017 to 11th August 2017
- Open House- 8thJuly 2017
12th August 2017
It is mandatory for all parents to attend the Open House.
We are looking forward to the Independence Day celebration in the month of August.
Kindly talk to the children about the known and the unknown freedom fighters. You can also share with them some of the important incidences of our struggle for independence like the Jallianwala Bagh incidence, The Non-Cooperation Movemnent, the Quit India Movement etc. The children will gain much by becoming aware of the history of our struggle for Independence.
Other religious festivals like
Eid and Rakhshabandhan will be celebrated to enlighten the students with their significance.
- The first round of Monday test cycle will resume from 10.7.17. For further test schedule refer to the almanac Page 42
- Along with the regular studies, Remedial Classes will be held for the students who need special academic attention on every working Saturday i.e. on 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month. The parents are hereby requested to make use of these classes in the best interest of their wards. The parents have to drop and pick up their wards from the school.
LIST OF HOLIDAYS
- 7th August 2017 : Raksha Bandhan
- 15th August 2017 : Independence Day
TIPS FOR PARENTS:
- Please check the almanac of your ward on a regular basis
- Pack healthy Tiffin for them but also keep in mind your ward’s food preferences.
- Do provide a fruit for the fruit break.
- Talk to your child and listen to him. Make dinner time as sharing time Talk about the events of the day with each other and also share like what they liked or didn’t like during the day. If you follow it, then the children will also share all their experiences, good or bad, without any inhibition and it will make you aware of your ward’s emotional needs.
Looking forward to your support as always.
With warm regards,
PRINCIPAL PRIMARY INCHARGE
Dr Neeru Suman Mrs. S. Dhingra