(Academic Session 2016-17)
N E W S L E T T E R
Class – III
(July – August)
A very warm welcome to all our endearing students after a refreshing summer break. We are waiting eagerly to share their exciting holiday adventures. The coming months are loaded with activities to make learning fun and enjoyable. It is imperative that the students participate wholeheartedly in the school activities.
ACTIVITIES FOR THE MONTH OF JULY AND AUGUST
Open House- 9thJuly, 2016.
Maths Week will be held from 11th July to 15th July.
The main events will be:-
- Inter House Maths Quiz Competition
- Computer Science Powerpoint Presentation
- Mental Maths Competition
- Just a Minute
- Class Maths Activity Competition
Talent Weekwill be held from 26th Julyto 29th July 2016.
A Talent Show will beorganised for the students of class III where in children can showcase their inherent talent in drawing, dancing, skating, singing, reciting poems, playing musical instrument or any other field.
The main events of the week will be:-
- Show Your Talent
- Inter House Dance Competition
The month of July is also the onset of Monsoon and a great opportunity to re-live our childhood with our little ones. But the months of July and August are peak season for vector borne diseases like Dengue and Malaria. It will be advisable if children wear a mosquito repellent cream when outdoors.
The month of August revives the spirit of nationalism. India will be celebrating its 70th Independence Day this year. A special assembly will be held to commemorate this day. We request parents to share the stories of the heroes of our freedom struggle with their wards at home.
Social Studies Weekwill be held from 8th August to 12th August,2016
The main events will be:-
- Inter House G.K Quiz Competition
- Intra Class Activity
- Soft Board Competition.
Open House- 13th August, 2016.
It is mandatory for the parents to attend the Open House.
LIST OF HOLIDAYS
- 7th July,2016-Id-Ul-Fitr
- 15th August,2016 – Independence Day
- 18th August, 2016- RakshaBandhan
- 25th August, 2016-Krishna Janmashtami
- The first round of Monday test cycle will resume from 11.7.16. For further test schedule refer to Almanac page 18.
- Along with the regular studiesRemedial Classes are held for the students who need special academic attention on every working Saturday i.e. on 2ndand 4th Saturday of the month from 8:00 am to 11:00 am. The parents are hereby requested to make use of these classes in the best interest of their wards. The parents have to drop and pick up their ward from the school.
Looking forward to your support as always.
With warm regards,
Dr. NeeruSuman Mrs. S. Dhingra
PRINCIPAL PRIMARY INCHARGE