Academic Session 2015-16
Report of class assembly – II G
Topic- Wonders of the world
On 28th December 2015 the students of class II-G presented an assembly on “Wonders of the world”. It started with a prayer followed by the news headlines and the thought of the day.One by one the students talked about the man made wonders of the world.
- Taj Mahal ; It is in Agra ,India, and was built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan
- Great Wall of China ; It stretches across 5,500 miles of land and is clearly visible from the space.
- Christ The Redeemer; It is a 38 meters tall statue of Jesus Christ in Brazil. It is the second largest statue of Jesus Christ in the world.
- Machu Picchu; It was built by Inca Empire. It is about 2,430 meters above the sea level
- Petra; It is a city in Jordan. It has spectacular buildings which had a fantastic water conduit system.
- Pyramids of Chichen Itza; This is a Mayan temple, El Castillo, which is in the shape of a pyramid. It is in the peninsula of Mexico.
- Last but not the least, Roman Colosseum in Rome in Italy. It is the largest amphitheatre ever built. It could accomodate around 65,000 spectators.
- The highlight of the assembly was that the children were quizzed from time to time and they all participated enthusiastically.
- In the end, children sang a song which conveyed message to all about the wonders of the world.
- The assembly concluded with the National Anthem.