ACADEMIC YEAR (2016-17)
TOPIC: WONDERS OF THE WORLD
Every thing has its wonders, even darkness and silence . I learn whatever state,
I may be in , there in to be content.
Students of Teresa House presented an assembly on 05.08.2016 The theme of the assembly was “WONDERS OF THE WORLD ’’. The assembly started with the morning prayer followed by the news headlines and the thought for the day.
‘‘Life and Time are the world’s best teachers. Life teaches us to make good use of Time and Time teaches us the value of Life”.
Some students enlightened the audience about the history of the “The Seven Wonders of the World’’. They told that Seven is the number of days the God built our Universe. The number seven was chosen because the Greeks believed that it represented perfection and plenty, and because it was the number of the five planets known anciently, plus the sun and the moon.Through a Hindi Poem , students showcased The Seven Wonders of the World” They told the audience that the seven wonders of the world are:
- Taj Mahal ; It is in Agra ,India, and was built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan
- Great Wall of China ; It stretches across 5,500 miles of land and is clearly visible from the space.
- Christ The Redeemer; It is a 38 meters tall statue of Jesus Christ in Brazil. It is the second largest statue of Jesus Christ in the world.
- Machu Picchu; It was built by Inca Empire. It is about 2,430 meters above the sea level
- Petra; It is a city in Jordan. It has spectacular buildings which had a fantastic water conduit system.
- Pyramids of Chichen Itza; This is a Mayan temple, El Castillo, which is in the shape of a pyramid. It is in the peninsula of Mexico.
- Last but not the least, Roman Colosseum in Rome in Italy. It is the largest amphitheatre ever built. It could accomodate around 65,000 spectators.
- The highlight of the assembly was that the children were quizzed from time to time and they all participated enthusiastically.
In the end, children sang a song which conveyed message to all about the wonders of the world.
The students performed zumba fitness workout.
The assembly concluded with the National Anthem.
Principal Primary Incharge